Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1.1 What these terms cover. This document and any documents referred to within it (together, the “Terms and Conditions”) set out the terms of your relationship with us when you purchase products from us.
- 1.2 Why you should read them. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you submit your order to us. These Terms and Conditions tell you who we are, how we will provide goods to you, how you and we may change or end your subscription, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. We will ask you to accept these Terms and Conditions when you submit an order to us.
Information about us and how to contact us
- 2.1 Who we are. We are Untamed Cat Food Limited a company incorporated in England and Wales, under company registration number 12219693 with our registered office at 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“Untamed”, “we”, “our”, “us”).
- 2.2 How to contact us. You can contact us by email at email@example.com or by writing to us at Untamed Cat Food Limited, 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN.
- 2.3 How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by writing to you at the email address you provided to us in your order.
Our contract with you
- 3.1 Tailoring your order. When you place your initial order with us, we will ask you to tell us about your pet, their eating habits and preferences, and the amount of our products you would like to include in your order. We will then suggest to you a list of products to include in your order based on your and your pet's preferences. You can check and amend the products in your order before submitting your order to us.
- 3.2 Submitting your order. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. When you place your order, you will:
- 3.2.1 be given the opportunity to confirm or provide your delivery and billing address;
- 3.2.2 be asked to review and confirm the applicable delivery costs;
- 3.2.3 be asked to agree to these Terms and Conditions; and
- 3.2.4 be invited to authorise payment for the products in your order and confirm that you wish to proceed with the purchase.
Please take the time to read and check your order, including all of the above information, before you complete the order process.
- 3.3 Confirmation. All orders are subject to confirmation by us once we have been able to verify the details of the transaction as well as the valid payment. The sale is only deemed complete after receipt of full payment by us. We will send you an email to confirm the transaction.
- 3.4 Fulfilment. If we accept your order, we will send you a box every 28 days including your pet’s food and any additional items that you have added to your subscription until you or we cancel your subscription as permitted by these Terms and Conditions. Please see paragraph 8 (Delivery) of these Terms and Conditions for more information about our delivery process.
- 3.5 Trial boxes. We may offer trial boxes to new customers from time to time. If we do so, your first box will be subject to a discount as displayed to you on our website when you submit your order. You must not already have a subscription with us in order to be eligible for a trial box. Trial boxes are limited to three per customer. If we accept your trial box order, we will automatically enrol you onto a monthly subscription for the same types of products included in your trial box. All other boxes other than your first box will be charged at the normal, non-discounted rates displayed to you on our website when you submit your first order. You may cancel this subscription at any time as permitted by these Terms and Conditions.
- 3.6 Availability. You must be a UK resident to place an order with us.
- 3.7 Eligibility. By placing an order, you declare that you are at least 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you may not place an order with us. We reserve the right to refuse to accept any order placed by you or terminate your subscription if we reasonably believe that you fail to meet our eligibility criteria or that you have acted in breach of these Terms and Conditions or any of our other policies (including our Terms of Website Use).
3.8 Goods may vary slightly from their pictures. All photography is for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the appearance of products accurately, the packaging of the goods may vary from that shown in images on our website.
- 4.1 When you place your first order, we will ask you to register for an account by providing an email address, setting up a password, providing your shipping and billing address and your payment details.
- 4.2 Please ensure that any details you provide when you set up your account are accurate and that you keep this information up to date. We will not be responsible to you for any delays or failure in shipping or delivering products to you if you fail to provide accurate details or keep your information up to date.
- 4.3 If you need to update your details, simply log into your account at untamedcatfood.com, then navigate to your account section. If you have forgotten your password, simply follow the link on the log-in page to re-set it.
- 5.1 The products that we send you are tailored to your pet’s preferences and requirements. It is therefore important that you provide us with complete and accurate details about your pet when you submit your initial order, and that you keep those details updated from time to time.
- 5.2 The products that we send to you are for use by you in respect of your pet only, and not for the benefit or use of any third party. Other pets may have different dietary requirements, and so you should not share the products we supply to you for your pet with others. Although we use human grade ingredients in our products, our products are not designed to be consumed by humans.
- 5.3 Except where we have made a mistake, such as if we have supplied you with the wrong products, we will not be responsible to you for any damage that you suffer as a result of our reliance on any information provided by you to us, the use of the products by any third party or consumption of our products by you.
Subscription duration and cancellation
- 6.1 Terminating your subscription. There is no long-term commitment attached to our monthly subscription; you can cancel, pause or amend your subscription any time by logging into your account, clicking on ‘account details’, and selecting ‘cancel subscription’, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org stating your email address and full name. To avoid being charged for the next order in your subscription, you will need to cancel or pause your subscription at least [one working day] before the date of your next order. Please note that you will still be charged for any orders which are despatched before we receive your notice of cancellation.
- 6.2 Cooling-off period. You can change your mind and cancel your order (whether your initial order or any subsequent order sent to you as part of your ongoing subscription) for any reason, provided you do so within 14 days from when the products in your order were delivered to you. If your order contains several products and those products are delivered separately, or your order is split into several shipments, you can change your mind at any time up to 14 days from when the last product in your order or the last shipment is delivered to you. You do not need to tell us why you are cancelling your order if you tell us that you wish to do so within this 14-day period.
- 6.3 To cancel your order during the 14-day cooling-off period, please contact our Customer Services team by emailing email@example.com stating your email address and full name. Paragraph 12 (Returns) confirms how you can return the goods to us and paragraph 13 (Refunds) sets out details of how and when refunds will be made.
Price and Payment
- 7.1 The prices of our products will be as quoted on our website at untamedcatfood.com and displayed to you when you complete the order process. It is always possible that some of the products may be incorrectly priced, despite our reasonable efforts. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the price of the goods at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the price of the goods at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
- 7.2 The price of any products includes all UK taxes but excludes delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due.
- 7.3 After we accept your order, we will charge the price of the products in your order, together with any delivery costs, to your chosen payment method. Unless you cancel or pause your subscription as set out in paragraph 6 (Subscription Duration and Cancellation), we will, on each Despatch Date, charge the price of the products in your subscription and delivery costs for those products to the payment method you provided when you submitted your first order and set up your account.
- 7.4 We accept payment with VISA, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, Discover, JCB and Diners Club.
- 7.5 By submitting an order to us, you are confirming that the payment details provided in your order are valid and correct, and you authorise us to charge the price of the products in your initial order and in each subsequent subscription order to your chosen payment method, together with the applicable delivery costs.
- 7.6 If we are unable to collect payment from you, we will continue to attempt to take payment from your chosen payment method for the next 30 days. We will cancel any orders and not deliver the products in those orders if we are unable to collect payment from your chosen payment device.
- 8.1 Your first box will be sent to the address you provided to us during the order process within four working days of you placing your subscription order. Subsequent boxes will be dispatched on the same day each month as your initial order (the "Despatch Day") to the same address (unless you inform us of a change of details in accordance with paragraph 4). If the date your subscription is due to renew is not a working day, we will dispatch your box on the next working day.
- 8.2 We will send you an email confirmation to the email address you entered at the checkout to confirm each despatch. Your delivery will be completed when we deliver the products to the address you gave us.
- 8.3 Ownership of the products will pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the products, including delivery charges. The products will be your responsibility from the time of delivery.
- 8.4 You can change your Despatch Day at any time by logging into your account at untamedcatfood.com. If you change your Despatch Day during the course of a month after we have taken payment, then the change to the Despatch Day will only take effect from the following month.
Issues with Delivery
- 9.1 Delays. Unfortunately, although we will make every reasonable effort to ensure your products are delivered within the estimated timescales, there may be unforeseen issues affecting the manufacturer of the product or our delivery partners. If our supply of the goods is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. If you no longer want to receive the delayed products, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your order and receive a refund for products you have paid for but not received.
- 9.2 Lost items. If you have not received your box within seven working days of the despatch confirmation email, and we have not notified you of any delays, please email email@example.com stating your order number, email address and full name. We will investigate the issue and may offer you a replacement or a refund in respect of that month's box. We will monitor lost items reports and reserve the right to terminate our contract with you where those reports indicate fraudulent activity.
- 9.3 Damaged order. If you order is damaged on arrival, please contact our Customer Services team as soon as possible after you receive your order at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not throw the packaging away as you may be asked to return it or take photographs of the damaged parcel/contents.
- 9.4 No one at home. If for whatever reason no one is available at your address to take delivery, our delivery partner will leave you a note informing you of next steps, including re-delivery. Our delivery partner may also contact you to find the best time for you to receive delivery. Please ensure that the delivery address you enter is correct. Goods that are returned to us because they cannot be delivered may incur a further re-delivery charge.
- 10.1 All orders for products are subject to the availability of those products and the materials for making the products. We will inform you as soon as possible after placing an order if, for any reason, the products you have ordered are not available or are subject to any delay.
- 10.2 If a product is not available at the moment you place an order or at the next Despatch Date, for example because the manufacturer is out of stock of the relevant ingredients, we will inform you of this using the contact details associated with your account and we will not process your order. We will give you the option of:
- 10.2.1 substituting that product with a similar product;
- 10.2.2 cancelling the order. If you decide to cancel we will refund you the full amount you have paid for that order as soon as possible; or
- 10.2.3 proceeding with the order without the unavailable product. If you decide to proceed with the order, we will despatch the unavailable product to you without charging you additional delivery fees as soon as that product becomes available again.
Our responsibility to you in respect of the products
- 11.1 We are under a legal duty to supply products that are as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.
- 11.2 If any of the products we deliver to you do not conform with the standards set out above, you can:
- 11.2.1 Within 30 days of delivery: reject the defective products and get a refund for those products.
- 11.2.2 Within 2 years of delivery: ask us to replace the defective products. If replacing the products results in a disproportionate cost for us, such as if one of those products has been discontinued, then depending on the nature of the defect you may be able to claim a total or partial refund in or reduction of the price paid for the products. If you notify us of the problem later than 6 months from delivery, you will also need to be able to demonstrate that the problem existed at the time of delivery.
- 11.3 This paragraph 11 is not exhaustive and does not affect any rights you have under applicable law, including the right to bring a claim against us if you suffer damage or injury as a result of any defect in the products.
- 11.4 Paragraph 12 (Returns) confirms how you can return the goods to us and condition 13 (Refunds) sets out details of how and when refunds will be made.
What we are not responsible for
- 11.5 Our products have an expected shelf life, as printed on the outside of the packaging of each product. You should not use our products after the expiry date printed on the product. Please note that the expected shelf life is calculated based on correct storage of the product as set out in any written care and storage instructions provided to you or printed on the packaging of our products.
- 11.6 We will not be responsible to you for any defect that has occurred solely as a result of:
- 11.6.1 your use of the products after the expiry of their expected shelf life;
- 11.6.2 your failure to use or store the products in accordance with a reasonable standard of care and in accordance with any written care or storage instructions we have provided to you;
- 11.6.3 any changes made to the products by you or anyone other than us or one of our approved contractors; or
- 11.6.4 an accident or event outside of our control (such as a fire, lightning strike or storm damage).
- 11.7 In every case, we will never be responsible for any loss or damage that:
- 11.7.1 is not reasonably foreseeable, meaning it was not obvious that it would happen and nothing you said to us when you ordered products from us meant we should have expected it; or
- 11.7.2 was caused by a failure by you to comply with these Terms and Conditions, or was otherwise something you could have avoided by taking reasonable action.
- 11.8 We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability where it would be unlawful for us to do so, including for:
- 11.8.1 intentional or grossly negligent breaches of our obligations;
- 11.8.2 damages arising from death or personal injury caused intentionally or by our negligence;
- 11.8.3 our obligations under a guarantee (whether set out in these Terms and Conditions or provided separately);
- 11.8.4 our responsibility to supply products that comply with applicable law (including our obligation to supply products which are as described and match information we provided to you, are of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and supplied with reasonable skill and care); or
- 11.8.5 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, including the fraudulent concealment of defects.
- 11.9 Our products are supplied for domestic and private use only. We will not be responsible to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity if you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose.
- 12.1 To return a product to us, all you need to do is pack everything up securely and post it back to us at the following address:
FAO Untamed Cat Food Ltd, Wonderpack Eco, Blenheim Park Industrial Estate, Unit 3 Blenheim Park Rd, Nottingham, NG6 8YP. Please remember to get proof of postage so that we can refund you the cost of returning the products to us.
- 12.2 Because of the nature of our goods, unless an item is faulty, we can only accept returns of unsealed and undamaged goods (unless the product was damaged on arrival).
- 12.3 Unless the goods we have supplied are faulty, you must pay the costs of returning the goods to us.
- 13.1 How we will refund you. If we refund you, we will refund you the price you paid for the goods, including delivery costs (if applicable), by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- 13.2 Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to cancel. If you are exercising your right to cancel during the 14 day cooling off period:
- 13.2.1 We may reduce your refund (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods resulting from any unfair or unreasonable war and tear to the products.
- 13.2.2 The maximum refund for initial delivery costs (if any) will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer a premium delivery service at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- 13.3 When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you within 14 days from the day on which we receive the goods back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the goods back to us.
- 14.1 You may upload and post publicly available reviews about the products on our website, including information, text and photos ("User Content").
- 14.2 We do not claim ownership of your User Content, and ownership will remain with you and any third party whose content you include in your User Content. Instead, by uploading and posting User Content, you grant us the right to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, adapt, re-format, modify, publish, translate, and otherwise make available your User Content on our website.
- 14.3.1 give any false or misleading information or impersonate any person;
- 14.3.2 post any User Content that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, illegal, offensive, or otherwise harmful;
- 14.3.3 promote or advertise any goods or services in your User Content;
- 14.3.4 advocate, promote or engage in any illegal or unlawful conduct, including any criminal activity, fraud or money laundering, or conduct that causes damage or injury to any person or property; or
- 14.3.5 threaten, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- 14.4 We may monitor any User Content and delete any User Content where we believe it breaches these Terms and Conditions. We may also take any or all of the following actions (with or without notice) if your User Content breaches these Terms and Conditions:
- 14.4.1 termination or suspension of your account;
- 14.4.2 issuing of a warning to you;
- 14.4.3 legal action against you including proceedings for reimbursement of all costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- 14.4.4 disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- 14.5 The responses described in paragraph 14.4 are not limited, and we may take any other legal action we reasonably deem appropriate as legally possible.
- 14.6 If you believe that any User Content on our website infringes your rights or fails to fails to comply with paragraph 14.3, please contact us by sending us an "Infringement Notice" by email using the contact details in paragraph 2.2 above. Please provide the following information in the Infringement Notice:
- 14.6.1 your name and contact details;
- 14.6.2 a statement explaining in sufficient detail why you consider that the content infringes your rights or fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions; and
- 14.6.3 a link to or such other means of identifying the problematic content.
- 14.7 We will take the action that we believe is appropriate depending on the nature of the Infringement Notice and will aim to respond to you within a reasonable period of time on the action we propose to take.
- 15.1 If you have a dispute with us relating to our contract with you, we would welcome the opportunity to try to make things right and resolve the dispute with you ourselves. In the first instance, please contact our complaints team using the details in paragraph 2.2 above so that we can attempt to resolve the dispute informally through our internal complaints handling process.
- 15.2 In the unlikely event that we are not able to resolve the dispute informally, we will discuss with you the most effective way of resolving the dispute through a formal dispute resolution process.
- 15.3 This paragraph does not affect your statutory rights.
- UPDATING THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 16.1.1 We may modify or update these Terms and Conditions from time to time for reasons including:
- 16.1.2 changes in how our business operates;
- changes in the legal or regulatory requirements that we must comply with;
- 16.1.3 changes in how we accept payment from you; or
- 16.1.4 changes to our products.
- 16.2 We will contact you to let you know about any significant changes to these Terms and Conditions or any documents referred to in these Terms and Conditions. We may contact you using the contact details associated with your account. Any changes to these Terms and Conditions will not affect previous orders for products that have already been delivered to you, which will continue to be governed by the version of the Terms and Conditions that was in force when you placed your order.
- 16.3 Normally, we will try to give you some warning before any new terms become effective. However, sometimes, changes will need to be made immediately and if this happens we may not be able give you any notice. In any case, any modification or update on these Terms and Conditions shall not affect or limit orders placed by you before the effective date of such modification or update of these Terms and Conditions.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- 17.1 We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another organisation. If we do so, that organisation will be responsible to you under these Terms and Conditions in the same way that we are.
- 17.2 Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these Terms and Conditions.
- 17.3 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms and Conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- 17.4 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms and Conditions, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the goods, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- 17.5 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. This contract is governed by English law, and we agree that any dispute arising from or related to the contract between you and us for the purchase of the products will be heard in the English courts. This does not, however, affect any rights you may have under applicable law in the country you are resident to have a dispute in relation to the products heard in the courts of that country. If you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland, you have a right to have the dispute heard in the Scottish or Northern Irish courts.
Last updated: 18 July 2023.